Monday, 24 September 2012

Overlaod 2012

I had a great time at Overload 2012 so I figured I’d write something up about it.
To sum it up in a nutshell; the atmosphere was fantastic and the people were really nice.
I met a whole bunch of people there whom I attempted to interact with using my limited social skills. Most of the sellers were regulars; a couple even gave me some critique, feedback and tips. Even though it was my first time I really felt welcomed.
A lot of people were interested in seeing my work saying that it’s good to see original and freehand art. I think I may have gotten a few more fans and even met some current ones (one of which I fist bumped!).
The special guest at overload, Fuzichoco, was fascinating to watch. The committee had set up a special area with screens so we could watch her illustrate in real time!
There were cosplayers galore, Anime and Manga selling cheap, and plenty of stall holders to converse with. There was a diverse range of artwork and overall I found the event really inspirational.


No comments:

Post a Comment